An easy, peasy way to get really useful numbers.
See what impacts your monthly payment, and what you might pay over a typical mortgage term. Then, to get the payment that best fits you AND saves you more — talk or apply with us today.
To save money, your best rate and mortgage payment go hand-in-hand.
Our Mortgage Payments Calculator shows you:
- What your monthly payment might be
- The minimum down payment you'll need based on the home price
- How much mortgage insurance you'll pay (depending on down payment amount)
- A total mortgage loan amount, and balance at the end of the term
- The interest and principal you'll likely pay over your first mortgage term
- The impact your mortgage rate can have on your monthly mortgage payment
You've come to the right place — for great advice, your best rate, and a mortgage payment you can live with.
Your mortgage situation is unique, and if you're serious about getting a home or property, or need to renew — you'll want to know your real numbers.
At True North Mortgage, we have your best rates (even from your bank), thanks to our volume discount. Plus, we really know mortgages (it's all we do, unlike the banks), and can access thousands of products to get you the right mortgage fit — for a monthly payment you can live and grow with.
Our expert brokers can advise you on important things to consider, from your down payment and rate type, to other details that may help lower your monthly payment, such as extended amortizations or first-time home buyer programs. And, we can also help you save on potential future fees or pre-payment penalties, for no surprises when you renew down the mortgage line.
Need a helpful renewal reminder?
We make it easy to get a better mortgage! Apply online or chat with us, for fast, friendly service.
Here's how our mortgage payment calculator works:
- Purchase Price defaults to an average home price in Canada. Enter in the price of your specific home or property.
- Down Payment is automatically calculated. It shows three options: the minimum down payment required (based on federal regulations listed in our FAQ's below), a 20% option (conventional mortgage that doesn't require insurance), or enter your custom amount. If you have less than 20% down, you're required to purchase mortgage default insurance, which you'll see as part of your calculated mortgage payment.
- Mortgage Term is first set to 5 Year Fixed, the term and rate type that many clients prefer to lock in at (given the current historically-low rates). Choose a different term from the dropdown (or remaining years you have left on your current mortgage) to see the effect on your numbers.
- Mortgage Rate is first set to our lowest 5 Year Fixed rate. Adjust the mortgage rate to calculate the effect on your mortgage payment, and how much you save with a better rate (for which you'll need to qualify through the federal stress test). Want to truly compare rates? Take a spin with our Compare & Save Calculator.
- Payment Frequency is first set to monthly. Choose other options in the dropdown to see the effect on your principal and interest-cost amounts.
- Amortization is first set to the standard 25 years. You may be able to extend your amortization, depending on your down payment or other details (talk to our mortgage experts for more info).
Mortgages can be stressful. We help make the process so easy.
Our friendly, highly-trained mortgage specialists are real people, who care about saving you thousands. We take pride in providing you with exceptional service, for the most 5-star reviews in the industry.
Thanks! Your inquiry was sent successfully.